Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER SUNDAY

Before the glorious resurrection was the work of the atonement. It is the central focus of all Christian belief. As a Christian, I am humbly grateful for this pivotal event in history.
"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:4-5

4 comments:

  1. That is a great picture, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a great picture! Thanks for the Easter email card. It was cute, wish I could have been with you guys on Easter, but I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is from the Passion movie...I found it on the internet of course! I looked for new pictures while teaching the last week of the Saviors life in seminary. It's nice to have something different than the stock pictures the church puts out...although, I really like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI LYNETTE.. I AM GOING TO ASK TRACY FOR YOUR EMAIL TO INVITE YOU TO MY BLOG.. HOPE YOU ARE WELL!
    LOVE,
    LOLLY

    ReplyDelete